Monday, June 1, 2015

My Journey...

My Journey..

I wanted to start this blog by posting a little about my journey and why I am here sharing it with all of you.

I say my journey; but really, so many people have supported me on this road to health. My actual journey begins back in my youth.  I was always a bigger girl and had just accepted that.  I was always the one who was fun and had a great personality but never the pretty, skinny girl.  Especially having a sister who was very thin and beautiful (and I love her dearly), made it difficult as people were often flabbergasted at the fact we were even related.  I was active in my youth, a typical tomboy, playing sports and doing track and field.  But even those activities couldn't take away from the fact I was bigger.  Knowing I'd never be that girl, I decided to put my focus and confidence into something else; my education and career.  If you ask anyone who knows me, they will tell you how dedicated I am to my education and career.  I started my career the second I knew what I wanted to do.  I've always been a high achiever in my education and am very confident in my intelligence and in my work. I love what I do and have worked very hard to get to the position I am in.  But my confidence has never shifted over to the physical side.  

There were a few times in my life I tried different weight loss programs, shakes, pills, etc. With that being said, I started my Beachbody journey by purchasing T25.  At the time, that seemed like the most manageable workout program for me.  I tried it with Shakeology and after a few weeks of on and off working out; I gave up.  I think I was just at a place physically where I couldn't do it; or what I realize now; Not mentally ready to make the changes I needed. 

So with that said I like to credit that I officially started my Beachbody journey in February 2015 and fell in love with the 21 Day Fix! I have tried many different diets and workouts but found my home with Beachbody.  I was getting to a point in my life where my weight was affecting my health in ways I would have never imagined.  I was overweight, got winded easily, started having digestive and intestinal problems from all the crap I was eating and became depressed.  In May 2014, I found out I was pregnant with my first child, and then in July 2014, I suffered a miscarriage. 

To say I say I lost a piece of my heart that day is an understatement.  I was devastated; and although my doctor did not say this, I truly believe that my unhealthy lifestyle contributed to me losing my baby.  At that time I was lost, confused and felt awful inside and out.  

In February, my coach reached out to me and encouraged me to try the fix.  After some research, I realized it was just wanted I needed- Workouts and focus on how to portion control and work on my nutrition.  I felt at this low in my life, I had nothing to lose. In my first round of the 21 day fix, I lost 15lbs and over 20 inches.  Fast forward four rounds later and I've lost over 50 inches.  I am now doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme and I am forever grateful to Autumn for changing my life forever. 

In April 2015, I decided to jump in and become a coach.  My goal as a coach is solely to help change the lives of others.  What an amazing thing to offer others working towards similar goals!  Even if it is not through Beachbody products, I want to change lives and help people!  I am hoping that my story, my journey, can turn into our journey. If you need help, are ready for a change, or need accountability or a push- I'm your girl!  Let's do this together! My journey is far from over, and that is why we can do this together. I am not even close to where I need to be...but I'll get there!

Before and afters (February 2015 and June 2015):

Interested in learning more (no pressure here!) or want to follow my journey?:
Join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweatyisnewsexy/
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/coachmancine
Check out my Beachbody Coach page: www.beachbodycoach.com/jammero2o2o

and keep checking into my blog to follow my journey, learn new tips, get some great recipes, and more!!!!

Thanks for reading and always remember Sweaty is the new Sexy!!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment