Thursday, March 21, 2019

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crusts


My daughter's favorite food is pizza.  Now, I know there are several healthy changes that can be made to pizza to make it so I stay on track, eat clean and make my 21 Day Fix containers work.  Well I wanted to share one I tried that is my FAVORITE! It's the bomb friends. You'll thank me later. And you can make these in advance and freeze them.

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust:

1-1 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
1 egg
1 tbsp parm cheese (I actually omitted this)
1/4 cup mozzerella cheese (I actually put less in the crust so so I could put some on top too)
Seasonings of your choice (I used garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Basically you mix all the ingredients together and put it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or pizza pan:

Personally, I found that if I baked it for 25 minutes and then flipped the pizza crust and baked for another 15 minutes it was perfectly brown and crispy (which is how I like my crust--obviously dabble around in timing for what you prefer).


Then I added my toppings!!! I totally slacked on the topping shopping this week at the grocery store but next time I'll definitely add veggies and such! It was delicious. You can make a bunch of little ones and freeze them or make a big one for the whole family! This recipe made a big pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment