Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Clean Oatmeal Bake

So tonight I was sitting in my bedroom CRAVING ice cream like WOAH! But I had been meaning to try this AND my bananas were on their last leg of life so I had to do it! I'm so glad I did! It's YUM!


What you'll need:
3 Large bananas (the riper the better)
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 egg
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of gluten free quick or rolled oats (I used GF rolled oats)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp (ish) of cinnamon (I kind of just sprinkled some in)
(You can also add anything you want- honey, choc chips, blueberries, nuts, etc.-- I added a little honey and chocolate chips (I also snuck in flax seed and chia seeds to see if my hubby would notice and he didn't hehe))

  • Preheat your oven to 350.
  • Grease your 8x8 baking pan 
  • Mash the bananas and add the egg, milk, and vanilla (and honey if you're adding some)
  • Add your dry ingredients and mix mix mix!
  • Let the oats sit in the wet ingredients for about 10-15 minutes
  • Then put the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is brown and it looks cooked!
Cut and serve! It tastes DELISH hot but I also LOVE these chilled the next day so I pop them in the fridge. They usually last in there about 3 or 4 days.  They freeze awesome too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment