Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip can be healthy...

Being from Buffalo, I'm a wing snob. Every Sunday I need some form of wing in my mouth.  Since I started the 21 day fix I've been finding healthy alternatives to get my wing on!  Here is a dip that i make:

I make my chicken ahead of time.  I put it in a crockpot on high for 4 hours with Frank's hot sauce (to cover it) and two dry packets of hidden valley ranch dressing.  When it's done I shred it up for the dip.

If you are lazy you can buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that up and add hot sauce :)

Next take the chicken and mix in:

  • 1/2 a block (or 4 ounces) of reduced fat cream cheese-- (Sometimes I actually leave this out when I'm doing the Fix strictly)
  • 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frank's hot sauce
  • blue cheese crumbles (sometimes I leave this out too)
  • the chicken shredded (about 2 cups)
  • about 3/4-1 cup shredded cheese

For my fixers (remember you are only eating a portion of this not all of it) so it doesn't all count.

Throw all those in a bowl, mix it up, and put it in a baking dish.  Put in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes and dip with some celery or carrots!!! 

Sometimes I even toss some celery in there before hand :)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment