Monday, July 6, 2015

Traveling and Staying On Track!

Oh my is traveling and staying on track hard!  Sorry I've been MIA, but I was recently traveling for work.  During my trip to Orlando (which is paradise when you live in Ohio), the last thing I wanted to do was focus on what I was eating, how often, etc. etc. etc.

Well the reality is, it was way easier than I thought!  Some tips:

  • Bring your Shakeology- yes TSA may look at you funny if you use Shakeo bags and have to portion it out in baggies, but it's so worth it!  It's the healthiest meal of the day and it guarantees you ONE great meal of dense super food nutrition. I even bring my person blender with me when I travel! It's light, easy to carry, and hotels always have ice... score!
  • Find out in advance if your room has a fridge or if you can get one!  If you have a fridge you can always grab healthy snacks at the grocery store and have them on the go, similar to how you do at home!  
  • If you don't have a fridge, still pack on the go type snacks (nuts, fruit, etc.)  
  • Choose wisely.  You can still go out to eat, get room service and snack- just choose the better options! Do your research; know what is better for you.  At least at the end of the day you can say you chose the healthier option!
  • Drink water.  I always bring my water bottle with me! Drink, drink, drink water! You should be consuming half of your body weight in ounces of water a day- plus it helps keep you full
  • Do your research ahead of time! Scope out the restaurants, menus, and plan a food itinerary ahead of time.  It will help you stay on track!

As you know from meal planning, simple planning can totally make things easier and make you feel less guilty!  Just plan ahead, use the tips and enjoy your travel while still achieving your fitness goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment