Sunday, January 17, 2016

Meal Planning 101 For the 21 Day Fix

Hey All!!!

So when I started the 21 Day Fix, the workouts were tough, but the hardest part for me was the nutrition.  I didn't realize how much garbage I was eating until I started eating and planning the food I should be eating.  Now let's be honest- It's 80/20 rule. I eat well and to plan 80% of the time.  We aren't perfect.  But even with 80% of clean eating, I feel 100% better!

So I wanted to share some of the meal planning and tips I use during the 21 Day Fix.  I'm doing double workouts but most start with just the fix workouts.

Some tips:

  • PLAN PLAN PLAN- Seriously plan out your meals- It makes it so much easier.  Usually I prep fruits and veggies so I can just grab whatever (not so planned on which I'm picking but when I'm going to eat it!).  I use containers and color coded bags or bins.
  • Cook a lot and use left over dinners for lunches (less work!).
  • Use a designated day (a day with some down time) for meal prep. I PROMISE this will help you stay on track and save you time.
Today is prep day for me so below is my meal planning for the week.  After I'll share some of the recipes for you so you can join in on the fun!





I know they are kind of hard to see so I'll be added them to a file in my Facebook group #sweatyisthenewsexy  Free free to search that and add yourself to the group and I'll add you for access.

Weekend breakfasts are my favorite because I can actually cook (I don't have time otherwise) and during the week I usually just have Shakeo for breakfast.  I've decided to switch it up and add parfaits (greek yogurt (a red) and fruit (a purple)) to spice things up for breakfast and to get more purples in.  I usually always get a purple in with my Shakes because I add fruit to my Shakeology BUT now they have a Cafe Latte flavor that tastes like a Frappacino sooooo I'm addicted to that and will have to use up a purple elsewhere.




An omelette is my favorite with some veggies.  I can add hot sauce (for free-thanks Fix!).  Shakeo is always a great way to throw a meal any time of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment